The Green Corridor walk along the old Jurong Line [18 Jun]
Saturday, June 18, 8am – 11am, Teban Gardens to Sunset Way.
The Jurong Line, completed in 1965, served as an extension into the then newly constructed Jurong Industrial Estate. It failed to generate adequate traffic and was closed in the early 1990s. It has since been partially dismantled.
Join us for this walk and explore natural reforestation, spontaneous gardens and small scale farming, walk in a dark underpass, and cross Sungei Ulu Pandan via a majestic cast iron bridge. Be prepared to get your shoes wet and muddy. This walk is not suitable for small kids.
Meeting time: 8am
Meeting point: Blk 41 Teban Gardens Road (see map at http://gothere.sg/maps#q:Blk%2041%20Teban%20Gardens%20Road). Take bus 79 or 143 at Jurong East Interchange and alight at Blk 41 Teban Gardens Road.
Register through Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=212999065406088.
If you’re not a Facebook user, just indicate your interest in the comments section below, and turn up on that day.
- The Green Corridor walk along the old Jurong Line [12 Jun]
- The Green Corridor walk along the old Jurong Line [18 Sep]
- Familiarisation walk on the Jurong Line (only for volunteers) [22 Apr]
- The Green Corridor walk along Bukit Timah [19 Jun]
- The Green Corridor walk along Upper Bukit Timah Road [26 Jun]