Walk down KTM memory lane at Rail Corridor
By Channel NewsAsia, 3 Oct 2011.
An exhibition that explores several ideas on how different pockets of space at the former Malaysian railway land can be used was held on Monday.
The initiative is part of a series of events dedicated to increasing public awareness of the tract of KTM railway land returned to Singapore.
Called “Re-Imagining the Rail Corridor” the exhibition showcased some preliminary ideas from architecture and landscape students as well as design professionals.
Minister of State for National Development Brigadier-General (NS) Tan Chuan-Jin, who chairs the Rail Corridor Consultation Group, said he hopes the final design will incorporate all ideas that the Urban Redevelopment Authority has been receiving.
Source: Channel NewsAsia
- Authorities to engage stakeholders, community on redevelopment of KTM railway
- MND mulling “Green Corridor” along KTM railway land
- ‘Rail Corridor’ endorsed by consultation group to be final project name
- URA establishes Rail Corridor Partnership to explore and promote community activities along Rail Corridor
- KTM rail structures fall victim to graffiti