Rail corridor to offer recreation nodes, connectivity [News]
By Neo Chai Chin, TODAY, 9 Nov 2015
From community farms and fishing ponds near Stagmont Ring and Pang Sua Canal, to a yoga spot and climbing wall near a Pan Island Expressway viaduct near Mayfair Park, the future Rail Corridor will offer a variety of recreation options to the estimated one million people living nearby, as well as other leisure seekers.
As for a 16ha site in Choa Chu Kang that falls along the stretch of former Keretapi Tanah Melayu railway line, it will be the testbed for a future housing concept — providing 3,000 units — that is integrated with a forest-type environment. The former Tanjong Pagar Railway Station, meanwhile, will be a multi-functional community building for the next 20 years.
Click here to read the full article
- URA announces Rail Corridor RFP awards and exhibition [Press Release]
- URA launches Request for Proposal for the Rail Corridor [Press Release]
- Govt set to call for proposals on Rail Corridor development [News]
- Speech by Mr Lawrence Wong, Minister for National Development, at the launch of the Rail Corridor Request for Proposal awards exhibition at URA Centre Atrium [Speeches]
- Govt hopes to keep continuous rail corridor